Kids love eBikes too. One way to encourage their enthusiasm is to involve them in the build.
This ride is a work in progress. It illustrates all the prep that goes into a build before we even think about adding power.
While it may not seem so, we’ve already made significant changes to what we’re calling the Red, White, and Electric Blue bike:
- Disassembled old drive train
- Started the cleaning process
- Installed a custom-painted riser handlebar
- Replaced a defective suspension fork with a strong, fixed steel fork (the electric blue of the Red, White, and Electric Blue Bike)
- Installed a safer hydraulic brake system with a compatible front tire/wheel assembly
- Swapped out a child’s seat with an adult seat provided by the owner
We love this project!