When a beloved mountain bike was stolen, this customer opted for a Schwinn beach cruiser. The purchase was not complete until she chose to electrify her bike!
No, it’s not a breaking news story, but we did just add three new features to this cool build:
- A ring-a-ding-ding bell
- Rear view mirror so you can see who’s sneaking up on you
- Kickstand for parking your ride
What Are We Talking About?
Our new California eBike build on a REI Co-op aluminum frame with steel fork. Pedal assist and throttle powered.
- Fast-rolling Maxxis Hookworm street tires
- BMX tall handle bars for upright pedaling
- Suspension seatpost
- Hydraulic brakes
- California eBike power group set, w/ long-range battery, throttle, pedal assist, and mid-drive motor.
- Programmable controller – 750 Watt Class 3
- Color display
Speeds of 30+ mph
Mileage range 35-40+ depending on rider, terrain, and throttle use
Ride in Comfort
The extra tall front fork guarantees room for the big battery, mounted on the frame underside. Comfort is king during high speed runs over rough pavement or gravel with our suspension seatpost and mid-drive motor.
Turn on a Dime
If you’re looking for a highly maneuverable bike that turns on a dime (remember those? Ha!) – this ride is for you.
With the Maxxis Hookworm tires, this bike is just under 26 inches and classified as Adult with the modified setup (MH tires, tall suspension seatpost, and BMX stand up handlebars).
Test Drives Encouraged
Find out for yourself how well this eBike handles compared to a RAD or other hub-style eBike. The California eBike is lighter, more comfortable, and requires less maintenance (no broken spokes like hub motor eBikes). Experience the difference!
Porch pickup or deliveries in local area at our discretion.
Cash, credit card, debit card, or Zelle payments accepted.
Come see our Specialized Roll Sport eBike at the Central Oregon Builders Association (COBA) Tour of Homes. The tour begins this Friday, July 10 and continues for the next two consecutive weekends. For details, including the tour schedule and maps, visit the COBA website.
The Specialized Roll Sport
For the eBike conversion, we installed a Luna Cycle Wolf power group set, consisting of a 1000 watt motor, controller, throttle, power cut-off brake lever, bling ring, and color display. We also added a front basket, rear rack, and mirror.
With a range of 35-40 miles and a top speed over 30 mph, this conversion is the bomb! It not only goes faster and further than a Rad, it weighs less. Total cost: $2,000. Sold to one of our favorite customers, Tom.
Envious? Let Us Build for You!
You can buy off-the-shelf or you can own a custom eBike from High Lakes eBikes LLC. It’s that simple.
Why Should I Choose a Custom Build?
- Our eBike conversions use what you already own and make it better by adding a motor. We don’t send bikes to the bike graveyard, we reclaim them to live another day.
- Installations are specifically designed to fit your needs.
- Your comfort and safety is King – from specialized seatposts to grips, mirrors, bells, baskets, and anything else you want on your bike.
- We use only the highest quality eBike kits on the market and the difference shows. Our mid-drive motors outperform the competition and result in a smoother ride.
A Word about Cloninger Custom Homes
We are honored to feature our Roll Sport in Matt Cloninger’s newest custom home at 1315 NW Mount Washington Drive. Why? Because Matt built our house 8 years ago and he’s awesome! He’s finishing a project now at Tree Farm and we’re excited to see what he builds next at Discovery West.